This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data we collect from or about you, or
which you provide to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand why data is being collected and what we do with that data. Our website and services may contain links to independent websites which are not provided by us.
Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies. We may change the privacy notice from time to time by amending this page. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation EU2016/679, the data controller is The Finer Group Ltd is a company registered in England under company number 09442967 whose registered address is 96-98 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, England, SW6 2TF.
What Type Of Information Might We Collect From You?
The personal information we collect from you will typically include the following:
• Full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address)
• Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this in order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017
• Your banking details where required, such as where you are requesting a service offered by us
• Information on any access requirements you may have, necessary to enable us to find suitable properties for you -which may consist of special category personal data comprising details of any disability or other health information about you
• Details about your areas of interest where we wish to send you marketing information about similar products and services
• Your communications with us, including a record of the email or telephone correspondence created when you contact us as part of a product or service query Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, then we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Website Cookies & Other Technologies Where We Collect Information From You
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive or device that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the user with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer’s hard drive, or other devices. they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
On What Basis Can We Process Your Information?
Finer International Partners will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfil your request. The legal grounds under data protection legislation for processing your personal data are as follows:
• It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, for us to provide you with our products and services.
• You have given us explicit consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, namely
1) where you have given us consent to receive electronic marketing by us and/or
2) to process your Special Category Personal Data described above. You do not need to provide us with marketing consent in order to receive our services.
• It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this we shall consider a number of factors, such as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data, the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests include processing necessary to improve and to promote our services and product and to better understand our customers’ interests and knowledge of the property market and to administer the technical aspects of our service and products.
• Where we need to comply with a legal obligation; or in rare circumstances:
• Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests); and/or
• Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
You no not need to provide us with marketing consent in order to receive our services.
How Finer International Partners uses this information
What Are We Going To Do With Your Information?
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
• In order to fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with our property services
• To share your information with others where necessary to fulfil our property services for you or where acting as agent for a third party on your behalf
• To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including verifying your identity, prevention of fraud and money laundering, immigration and to assess your credit worthiness
• Communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example with your enquiries and requests
• Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future
• To provide you (or to enable third parties to provide you) with information about goods or services that we feel may be of interest to you, where you have provided permission for us to do so: or,
• if you are already an existing customer, where we choose to contact you by electronic means (including e-mail or SMS) with information about our own goods and services similar to those which you have already obtained from us, or have negotiated to obtain from us. You can unsubscribe at any time from these marketing messages.
• To track your use of our service including use of our App in order to improve this
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer / device
How Long Will We Keep Your Data?
We will usually retain your personal data for 6 years after the last point of contact. There may be occasions, depending on the service you have chosen to use us for, which may require a longer retention period. In these circumstances we will always advise you of this in writing.
Third-party service providers
Who Will Your Information Be Shared With?
We may engage third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf but only where you have specifically requested one of these services. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request, and where possible we contractually require that they protect the information appropriately and not use it for any other purposes. We will pass your details to these organisations (our “data processors”) who carry out certain activities on our behalf as part of our providing our services, including those listed below:
Brief Your Market
On The Market
Supplier of photos, floorplans, video and EPCs
Supplier of floor plans and EPCs
Credit / debit card payment processing
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction We may rely on a third -party service provider to:
• Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions
• Host our sites and administer our e-mail or other communications
• Perform other services that we request
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without first obtaining your prior consent. You can request a full list of the all organisations that we may share your data with by clicking here
Security Of Your Data
Your data will be held on secure servers within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), with all reasonable technological and operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimised.
How You Can Access and Update Your Information You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to request that any information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent by emailing email@example.com.
How You Can Request Erasure Of Your Data
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where you have withdrawn consent for us to process it (as explained below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
How You Can Withdraw Your Consent
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent. Should you wish to do so, you can change your consent preferences at any by contacting us.
How You Can Restrict Or Object To Us Using Your Data
You can ask us to suspend the way in which we are using your information in certain scenarios, or object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ground (or those of a third party) and you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms, or where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases where you object, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Please note that if you want us to restrict or stop processing your data, then this may impact on our ability to provide our services. Depending on the extent of your request we may be unable to continue providing you with our service. Any queries or concerns about the way in which your data is being used can be sent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Your Information To Another Organisation
In the event that we process your data by automated means where you have either provided us with consent for us to use your information or where we used the information to perform a contract with you, you have the right to request that we send to you or to another organisation, a copy of the personal data we hold about you; for example, when you are dealing with a different service provider. If you would like us to move, copy, or transfer your information please click here. We will respond to you within one month after assessing whether or not this is possible, taking into account the technical compatibility with the other organisation in question.
Complaints About The Use Of Your Personal Data
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by writing to Mr James Watson at The Finer Group, 100-102 Wandsworth Bridge Road, SW6 2TF. If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the UK Data Protection Regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or Tel: 0303 123 1113.